Friday, May 9, 2008

Life is a water globe. Yes, I'm sentimental.

During my undergrad I had a tendency to overload my schedule. There were so many things that I wanted to do – study engineering, work, run student orgs, etc. So one Christmas break, when things had died down for a bit, I was bored, flipped on the tube (yes, that would be the TV) and started watching soap operas. (yes, I was that bored!) However, luckily for me, one of the characters made an analogy that day that I still carry with me. I’ve elaborated it/changed it up a bit to more fit the point I try to get across though.

Life is like a water globe. You know, the ones that you can shake and watch stuff whirl around in. When life is crazy, the snow is swirling and it’s to busy!! And while it is very beautiful and exciting, you can barely see straight! After a while all you want is for the snow to stop. Make it stop!

And then it stops. The semester ends. You realize that you don’t have to read any more readings, write any more papers, go to any more classes. And for some reason you are so accustomed to all the crazy business, you almost want someone to come along and give that globe another shake… almost..

As we head into a little bit of our summer siesta before tackling our internship and research class, I just want to express what an awesome time I’ve had so far and it is because of the people I got to spend time with during the semester.

Life is this one big cycle. It’s this rollercoaster ride. And while I’m completely happy to be in a little lull right now, I’m looking forward to the next wave, the next drops, turns, and loops that lie ahead.

No comments: